Innovation & Technology
Come on Board…
Our Sales and Design department is currently inviting applications for aposition as a
Project Engineer (Specifications and Calculations) (m/f) for naval systems
The Sales and Design department works on all new projects of the MEYERYARD until an eventual contact. The project team develops the individualship concept and the contract documents in close consultation with thecustomer. This includes general plan development, ship stability andhydrodynamics, construction specifications and price calculation. Youwill carry the technical and calculatory responsibility on the sub-areaof the construction specification assign to you and you will be thecontact person for all internal and external (customer, authorities andsuppliers) for your sub-area during the project phase. The work in theSales and Design department is characterized by a high amount ofprojects and vessel types that are worked on at the same time.
- Leading negotiations with shipping companies and project discussions
- Analysis of specifications and general plans
- Creation and negotiation of sub-areas of specifications
- Collection and evaluation of offers from subcontractors
- Cost-calculations and budget creation of sub-areas for new construction projects
- Ensuring meeting of project goals (costs, deadlines and quality)
- Regular consultation with other departments, customers and authorities
- Completed bachelors or masters degree in a technical field
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Very good communication and team work skills
- Ability to take decisions
- Prepared to travel, motivated, flexible and resilient
- Several years professional experience, Shipyard experience is an advantage
You are expecting an interesting job in an internationally activecompany with an appropriate payment. If you are interested in thisposition in an innovative company, please use our application form andsend us your application.
We are looking forward to you.
MEYER WERFT GmbH & Co.KG
The MEYER WERFT in Papenburg is the leading company for the construction of luxury cruise ships – a family-owned company with a very promising future!
Here the shipbuilding represents a technology of the future: both Research and Development and innovative IT solutions are daily business. The yard operates the biggest laser welding centre all over Europe. Comprehensive service and a wealth of innovative ideas are vital building blocks in this success, as is our highly qualified committed workforce. More than 3000 employees, staff members and specialists, experience and teamwork ensure a high product quality and a permanently increasing productivity.