Innovation & Technology
Come on Board…
We are currently inviting applications for a position in our Sales andDesign for an
Engineer (m/f) as Head of Group for the Specifications Group
The Sales and Design department works on all new projects of the MEYERWERFT until the possible signing of the contract. The project teamdevelops individual ship concepts and the contractual documentation inclose cooperation with the customer. The includes the area general plandevelopment, ship stability and hydrodynamics, building specificationsand price calculation. The special feature of working in the Sales andDesign department is being able to work on a very high number ofconcurrent projects and ship types. The Specification group isresponsible for the creation, as well as internal and externalcoordination, of the content of the construction specification.Furthermore, the group is responsible for the cost calculation.
- Technical and personnel leadership of the group
- Responsibility for the content and calculations of the the construction specifications
- Development of targets and concepts to improve group performance and minimize faults
- Strategic development, harmonisation and optimisation of specification processes in the business area Sales and Design and a close cooperation with MEYER Turku in Finland
- Regular consultation with other groups, customers, suppliers and authorities
- Lead project discussions and shipping company negotiations
- Control and coordinate the deployment of employees of the team in various projects
- Staff development
- Carrying out regular employee performance reviews
- Ensuring CIP (improvement processes) in the group
- Completed degree as a Diploma-Engineer, Bachelor or Master in a technical field
- Many years of professional and shipyard experience
- Personnel management experience
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High level of commitment, willing to travel, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Very good communication and teamwork skills
You are expecting an interesting job in an internationally activecompany with an appropriate payment. If you are interested in thisposition in an innovative company, please use our application form andsend us your application.
We are looking forward to you.
MEYER WERFT GmbH & Co.KG
The MEYER WERFT in Papenburg is the leading company for the construction of luxury cruise ships – a family-owned company with a very promising future!
Here the shipbuilding represents a technology of the future: both Research and Development and innovative IT solutions are daily business. The yard operates the biggest laser welding centre all over Europe. Comprehensive service and a wealth of innovative ideas are vital building blocks in this success, as is our highly qualified committed workforce. More than 3000 employees, staff members and specialists, experience and teamwork ensure a high product quality and a permanently increasing productivity.